Training and Development
A structured professional development or training program can maximize the skills and value of employees and policy leaders in an organization. HRS develops and conducts training programs tailored to the specific needs of the municipality. Custom training sessions are provided to employees, supervisors and managers, and board/commission members. Some of our more recent and popular training workshops have related to performance management: Guidelines for Effective Performance Management; Communication; Making Decisions on Evaluations; Legal Issues and Concerns; Conducting the Interview; Documentation; Setting Goals and Objectives; the Manager as a Coach.
Other areas for training have included: Customer Service; Strategic Planning; Basic Supervisory Skills; Hiring Process; Progressive Discipline; Maintenance of a Compensation Administration Program; Fair Labor Standards Act; Personnel Policies and Handbooks; The Essentials of Human Resource Management. HRS can assist in identifying training needs and develop an appropriate program and/or workshop to meet your specific requirements.
Recent Online Webinar Training Programs brought right to your city/town/school district/county have included, www.icma.org
- Effective Policies and Procedures for the "New Normal"
- Performance Appraisals for Local Government
- Collective Bargaining for the 21st Century
- Local Government 101 Sessions
- Effective Supervisory Practices - the HR Stuff
- Workplace Safety
- Competitive Pay
- HR and Staff Effectiveness
- Recruitment and Hiring of Employees
- Compensation and Classification
- Pay Equity in the Public Sector